Book 142: "Manners & Mutiny" by Gail Carriger

Title: Manners & Mutiny (Finishing School Series #4)
Author: Gail Carriger
Read in: Nook ePub
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Genre: Young Adult Steampunk Urban Fantasy

This is the last installment of the Finishing School Series by Gail Carriger. Her Finishing School series is a prequel to the Parasol Protectorate (which if you haven't yet read, do so immediately!) It is also a Young Adult series, where Carriger's other series are for adults. As such the books are less complicated, shorter, and have less mature themes. Since this is the last book, I will not expend much on it. I like the ending, it was perfect for every character and in the true style of a YA book, it was wrapped up quickly (in about two chapters). If you're looking for an easy, entertaining read and like the Victorian era, I suggest you read the series!

If you have been reading my blog for long, you are probably aware that I love Gail Carriger; she is my favorite author that is currently still publishing. This book, like her others, is action packed, full of fantastic characters, uses a wide and unique vocabulary, and concludes well. The Finishing School Series is still not as amazing as the Parasol Protectorate, but I still enjoyed reading it. I am curious to see if any characters will make reappearances in Carriger's current series, The Custard Protocol Series. I suppose I will have to wait until July to find out!


For more information on her books, visit:
http://www.gailcarriger.com/

Comments