Book 154: "Poison or Protect" by Gail Carriger

Title: Poison or Protect
Author: Gail Carriger
Genre: Novella, Steampunk, fantasy
Publisher: Gail Carriger, LLC
Read in: Nook ePub

Have you noticed that I adore Gail Carriger and everything she writes? Not yet? Well, now you know. This is the first in a series of novellas that Carriger plans to write. As with all of her work thus far, I loved it.

This novella series will follow the Finishing School characters once they are adults. This first installment is a story about Preshea. I can't say too much, given the short nature of this story, without giving spoilers. But I loved learning more about a character that was in opposition to the main characters of Finishing School. (If you can deconstruct that sentence). Be forewarned... it's steamy! This was the perfect tide-over story to get me through until Imprudence released (review to come soon!) and I'm counting on the coming releases of more novellas to get me through the next two years until the next installment of The Custard Protocol series.

A caveat. You do not necessarily need to read her other books to enjoy these novellas. However, I guarantee that you will enjoy them a lot more if you have. That goes, really, with all of Carriger's works. They are wonderfully interconnected and she leaves many "cookies" as she says, for the careful and obsessed readers, like myself.

If you haven't taken my advice on these books and read them yet. Stop whatever you are reading and start. Start with Soulless, book 1 of the Parasol Protectorate series. Happy Reading!

Comments