An Introduction

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Laurel and I'm an avid reader. I read mostly fiction, but am trying to broaden my horizons and read some non-fiction as well. I read anything from kids books to angsty young adult, to adult literary fiction, and genre fiction. There are really only two things I can think of that I don't read often: science fiction and mystery/thriller novels. I'm not unwilling, just rarely find myself picking one up. So why the blog you may ask?

Well if you have been following me on Facebook, you already know why. I love to write about what I read. I love to review it, pick it apart, and offer it to you. This is the purpose of this blog. I read it and write about it here. If you want a taste, I suggest you visit and join my Facebook group page which will have to serve as the archive of this blog for now. There you will find 96 book reviews on the things I've been reading for a little over the last two years. I made the switch to blog to have more control over how my reviews are presented. Also, I may end up pursuing this more aggressively in the future; so I'd like the head start.

My Facebook group states that I read approximately 50 books a year. However, I have had to (reluctantly, due to Goodreads tracking what I read) admit that the last two years I have only read about 30 a year. I'm still going to take pride in this since I'm working full time and going to grad school full time on top of my reading ventures. I'm trying to up this number back closer to 50 this year, but we'll see how it goes. Another of my goals with this becoming an official blog is that I post more regularly. So, when I finish a book, I will do my very best to post the review within a day or two instead of hoarding them all and posting 2-5 at a time. So, as you see on Facebook two reviews are due to you this week. I will get them done.

I will stop rambling now. If you have been following me for a while- thanks for reading! And if you're new; welcome and enjoy! Please note: I'm always looking for something good to read so if you have any suggestions, please let me know! My reading list is quite extensive, but I will always add a new title- I'm not afraid of it getting to be ridiculously excessive. Thanks again and enjoy!

Comments