Book 152: "Seriously...I'm Kidding" by Ellen Degeneres

Title: Seriously... I'm Kidding
Author: Ellen Degeneres
Read in: Trade Paperback
Genre: Humor
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

This book is exactly what you expect from Ellen Degeneres. It reads like one of her stand-up routines. It's a really fast read and is entertaining. There really isn't much more to it than that.

The book is sort of about Ellen's life, but also just teaches the lessons Ellen is known for teaching. Don't take life to seriously, try to relax and fun, take care of yourself, etc. These take-aways are really well done in a humorous way.

I do suggest you do not read it straight through, as I did. I think it reads better a chapter or so at a time. Especially if you just need a quick pick-me-up on a rough day. 

To end this short and sweet review, I enjoyed this book. It was funny. However, I think I'll just stick to watching Ellen perform from here on out.

Comments