From the Archives: Book 44: "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss



"Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss


Verdict: READ, not just for punctuation sticklers- everyone should read!

Okay, so I guess it shows how much of and English nerd I am that I would absolutely love a book entirely about punctuation... but I do. This book is phenomenal. Not only does it point out punctuation mistakes that happen everywhere and constantly drive me nuts, it tells the reader why they are wrong, how to fix them, and why punctuation is so important to the written word. This book makes it clear that punctuation does serve a purpose in writing. That purpose is to make what we write understandable and concise when read by someone other than ourselves. Truss also brings in the history of why punctuation is what it is and where it comes from. Truly, the book refreshed my memory on things I forgot, made me laugh, and made me want to give a copy to everyone I know; further helping to prevent future punctuation error. So if you haven't read this book, please do.

Comments