Book 124: "Love Letters to the Dead" by Ava Dellaira

 
Title: Love Letters to the Dead
Author: Ava Dellaira
Publisher: MICHEL LAFON
Read in:  Nook eBook
Genre: Young Adult Fiction
 
I had high hopes for this book; not simply because the protagonist has my name. It was recommended by authors I love as a phenomenol debut book. And while it wasn't bad. It was far from impressive. I felt like I was reading a the stories of Perks of Being a Wallflower and  Speak combined together. The big twist was highly predictable. But if the author, Dellaira, can find some originality there is hope for her to become a great author. She has many beautiful phrases and metaphors throughout the novel and her characters are well-devolped and easily identified with. However, I just couldn't fall in love with this book because I found it so very unoriginal. It made me want to re-read the two books I mentioned above. I hope that Dellaira finds a story of her own to tell- her writing can be beautiful.


Comments