Book 121: "Bitten" by Kelley Armstrong


Title: Bitten (Women of the Otherworld Series #1)
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publisher:  Penguin Group (USA)
Read In: Nook ePub
Genre: Urban Fantasy

After American Psycho, I needed something less disturbing and easier to read, so I picked up Bitten. This book is fluff fiction; it takes very little thought and is gripping to keep you reading. I liked it. So far, there are 13 books in the Women of the Otherworld Series. While I'm pretty sure I won't read all 13, I may read a couple more. This book is well written. It reminded me of Sookie Stackhouse; supernaturals with a mystery to solve. The main difference is that this book is less humor driven and about werewolves.

Elena, the protagonist, is a werewolf. In fact, she is the only female werewolf. When we meet her, she is struggling with her werewolf identity and her longing to have a place in the human world. Of course, a crisis drives her back to pack life, where she must reconcile who she is and who she wants to be, while helping to solve the mystery of who is targeting the pack; the only family she knows.

If you're looking for a fun supernatural read for vacation, the pool, or really anytime, I would suggest you read this book.

And if you're interested, SyFy channel recently adapted the book to a pretty entertaining series. It is, of course, not even close to accurate.

Comments