Book 113: "Curtsies and Conspiracies" By Gail Carriger


Title:  Curtsies and Conspiracies (Finishing School Series #2)
Author: Gail Carriger
Read In: Nook ePub
Genre: Young Adult Steampunk, Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Gail Carriger is quickly becoming my favorite present-day author. Her books are filled with wonderful vocabulary, sarcasm, and well-written stories. The second installment of the Finishing School Series is nothing less. As her young adult series, the stories are far less complex and more predictable than the Parasol Protectorate series. Her charming writing style that is filled with amazing vocabulary, metaphor, and humor makes the story fun and very enjoyable. Her characters, as always, are very round. They are easily identified with and generally fun to read about. Overall, I really loved this book, in fact, I hadn't had enough once it ended, so I re-read Soulless. It's a fast read and I enjoyed reading every paragraph.

If you're looking for a well-written, entertaining read, I heartily suggest this series, or any of Carriger's books if you haven't yet read them. 

Comments