Book 104: "Dead Ever After" by Charlaine Harris

Title: Dead Ever After
Author: Charlaine Harris
Read In: Nook ePub
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)

The last Sookie Stackhouse, the thirteenth of the series. I'm glad it's finally over, to be honest, it should have ended about four books ago. The book was still well written and more of the same style and tone of the previous 12. However, for the LAST book of a series this was.... rather boring. Way too much time was spent telling the reader about Sookie's day-to-day life, aka cooking, bathing, sleeping, doing household chores  WAY too much time. I don't want to care to read about any of that. The ending was pretty much how I expected it to end, the only way it could have while keeping each character in tact. I won't spoil it, but for the many of you who quit reading the books and still want to know... message me and I'll tell you. Overall, I was just disappointed that a series that began so strongly ended so weakly. I'm glad it's over, the end was long past due.

Comments